The 23 anatomical models were moulded in19th century by the famous Florentine wax modeller Clemente Susini. The waxes hold the sculptor signature and are placed on catalogued wooden boards and completed with captions.
The collection consists of a series of authentic anatomical reproductions made by the sculptor Clemente Susini, between 1803 and 1805, at the museum's laboratory of the Florence Observatory. The waxes were brought in Cagliari in 1805 and they were purchased by the Viceroy Carlo Felice, in order to expose them at the Antiquity and Natural History Museum. The collection was brought in 1923, at the Anatomical Institute, and in 1991 they arrived at the Pentagon Hall of Cittadella dei Musei, their present location. These waxes, have been performed in dissections by Professor Francesco Boi. They offer a detailed representation of the human body and an interesting documentation of the medical knowledge of that time. These waxes bear the sculptor signature and are placed on wooden planks. During the transfer into their present location, they were all cataloged and captioned.
Raccolta delle Cere Anatomiche di Clemente Susini
Piazza Arsenale c/o Cittadella dei Musei